Suzie has been frogged! The dark color of the Berroco, the cables, and the Alpaca simply didn't mix. It look my 30 minutes to cast on 287 stitches and I did the first 20ish rows and just didn't think it was coming out nicely. So I did a swatch of just the cable (thinking maybe I was doing something wrong.) However there was no salvaging my poor Suzie! So she went to the frog pond. The photo below is a picture of her when she came off the needles and before she was ripped out.
So the next question was ..... WHAT AM I GOING TO DO NOW! I was away from a computer, my needles and only had the book "More Big Girl Knits"! So I went through the book frantically and found "Cable Love". Which is a pattern I've lusted after for awhile. The cables are MUCH less complicated and I figured since the band is what you do first it didn't really matter if it didn't look great because who cares about ripping out 22 stitches. I mean I just ripped out 20 rows of 287. 22 doesn't impress me anymore! :)
After doing the first 120 rows (of the 578 for the band) I really like it so far. The color is still dark but I think once its blocked it'll look great. And I've learned dark color = boringish sweater. But I'm happier. I don't know if it will be done in time for my Birthday. But I would be very excited if it was!
So here is a new sweater that I hope not to rip out. And that I hope to complete sooner rather than later!