Saturday, August 14, 2010

A post almost purely devoted to knitting! :)

Hello Bloggers,
I'm in the midst of a ton of projects, it is rather overwhelming, as I am generally someone who only likes to have a few projects on her needles at a time. I guess it isn't the amount of projects it is the amount of things that I want to get done. And I feel like I don't have to the time to do them. Which is silly I knit at least 2 hours a day. And more when I have the time. I don't know I guess I'm feeling out of sorts with my whole life and I'm trying to blame it on my knitting.

I'm currently working on:
1)a present for a readers birthday
2)the knit along at Wednesday night sit and knit at String Thing Shop (photo below)
3) Aeolian which hasn't been touched in two weeks. Even though I'm so close to being done I can taste it.
4)socks for my uncle. I literally have like 4 rounds of the toe left and I ran out of yarn. So I have to wind the second skein. Which I am to lazy to do I guess.


I made these stitch markers for a woman who goes to String Thing Shop. She likes larger ones so these will fit up to a size 11 needle. They are a little blurry, sorry!



This beautiful green Lana D'oro from Cascade is going to become this . It is for one of my best friends moms. She was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor last week. I love them both so I thought this would be something small I could do.

LONGIES! :) I will eventually be selling these lovely little pants on Hyena cart. Its a future business and I was testing the pattern to see if I wanted to buy the rights. I'm thinking yes! (Awesomeness is a business that involves me knitting!) :)

This is Fizzi which is a knit along at String Thing Shop. I'm using Zauberball. I'm not sure how I feel about the yarn. It has some places where it is kinda thin, and than it gets really thick. Anyway, I was about 9 rows into the next section (i.e. the lace) when I figured I had screwed the whole thing up and I started ripping. The girls were all shocked and gasping when Barb took it from me and picked up 250 stitches for me! I love love love her and feel like I should give her a gift for being so awesome! The shawl is now back on track and will be for my best friend Megan.

Speaking of Christmas I made a decision last week. I'm not Christmas knitting this year. That being said I'm sure that there will be a few things that I'll do for people. But mostly NO CHRISTMAS knitting. I love my friends desperately but I've got to knit for myself once in awhile! :) So I hope they forgive me, but it is a lot trying to get it all done for December 25th. So birthdays are going to be the time for knitting for my friends!

Speaking of friends here are some of my favorites! We went out for Hibachi last night to celebrate my friend Tara's birthday! They are the best and I don't know what I would do with out (from left to right) Jill , Brenda (owner of String Thing Shop), Bernadette, Suzi, Tara, Guenevere, and myself.
I would like to point out that Jill and Bernadette are the only two who managed to look half way normal in this photo. However I think it is the best shot of the night! :)

2 comments:

  1. models are always ready for the perfect shot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gag me with a spork Jill! :) No one here would ever guess you have a fashion blog ... would they! haha :)

    ReplyDelete