Saturday, May 29, 2010

Well as a general rule ....

When you think it can't get any worse it does. First though my terrible knitting funk is over! The yarn is Mad Science Yarns and it reminds me of Gryffindor from Harry Potter! :) The pattern itself if really easy and has bobbles all over it! :) I heart bobbles! On a sad note my 92 year old Grandma passed away early Friday afternoon. She was an avid crafter. The quilt on my bed she made for me out of scarps she had, and some of the blocks are scraps from dresses I wore or even my mom. In this photo she is wearing a shawl which I made her and I am wearing a hat that she made and gave me. It is the only thing made from Red Heart that I own! She was a wonderful women who lived on her own until just this last December. She rests in my heart and I hope that she has found peace in heaven.

To everything there is a season,
a time for every purpose under the sun.
A time to be born and a time to die;
a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
a time to kill and a time to heal ...
a time to weep and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn and a time to dance ...
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to lose and a time to seek;
a time to rend and a time to sew;
a time to keep silent and a time to speak;
a time to love and a time to hate;
a time for war and a time for peace.

ecclesiastes 3:1-8
RIP Mary Becher
I miss you.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry, Katie :( Is this your Ohio grandma?

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you both, Katie. I love that shawl and I'm sure she loved it, too. What a blessing to have a grandmother who lived to 92 and who was an avid crafter, too. I know you will remember her fondly forever. Take care of yourself during this sad time.

    ReplyDelete