Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy St. Patricks Day!!!!!

First off HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY!!! :) (With a name like irishshammrocks can I possibly deny my heritage!) Also be forewarned I am going to post in green today! :)

I worked at Cozy Cabin (the yarn store I frequent) on Saturday and got to sit in this comfy chair visit with great friends and work on my sweater! I even managed to ring people out without making the register EXPLODE! I guess what they say is true its about not panicking and being positive is true! :) While I was at the store on Saturday I managed to get to the section where I SEPARATED for my sleeves!




Look a sleeve! :) That being said it was not an easy road getting there! I had to rip out a row (which when you have over 300 stitches is a TRAGEDY!) and I could not for the life of me figure out the pattern. So when I got home I calmly sat down by myself and figured it out. Which luckily worked. So now I'm a few rows into the body. I have to go 15 inches before anything interesting happens. Onto stockinette! Which I don't mind doing!
I know this isn't the best picture. I'm still trying to get the photography part of blogging under control! If anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them! But you can kinda tell how far I am in this photo!
Now I must admit I have knitting ADD, so this photo is of my finished Monkey socks by Cookie A. Her sock patterns are my addiction thanks to Brenda! I've found that knitting socks is the best thing to work on at work because they aren't to large and thus don't get in anyones way. There is nothing worse than an annoying knitter! :)

Drifting even further off topic I want to thank Jill for posting about me in her blog! She is a great friend good boss and someone I'm thrilled I met! head over to her blog for great fashion advice, she is always the one i turn to!http://jillybeanstalk.blogspot.com/

Happy St. Patty's day and Happy Knitting!

6 comments:

  1. the sweater and socks look like they're really coming along. can't wait to see the finished products!

    and thanks for the lovely words. you are too kind, my dear friend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color of your Monkeys!

    I call my cat Monkey :) I thought you'd like that because I know you get a kick out of my zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you teach me how to knit some time at lunch, pleasy-please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I will teach you! :) It'll be fun! Just be patient! Pick a day and I'll bring some needles and scrap yarn! Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually have a pair of needles (huge straight ones, but needles nonetheless) Yay! (next week maybe? when it gets sunny again?)

    also

    http://www.website-hit-counters.com/

    Hit counters to see how many people visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4315906/1/Dumbledores_Army_and_the_Year_of_Darkness

    Enjoy! ^_^

    ReplyDelete