Saturday, June 19, 2010

Beads, beads, and more beads!

I am making my first foray into beading! :) Brenda and I like to challenge ourselves (together I need someone to hold my hand on my walk through the wide world of knitting!) and we decided we needed more lace in our lives. Well the next thing I did (stupid me!) was pick the Aeolian Shawl pattern for us to work on. So luckily I had this lovely Alpaca Lace from Cascade sitting in my MONSTROUS stash and Brenda had the beads. The crochet hook I bought. But it is always nice to start a pattern and not have to spend any money. This pattern is probably the MOST beatiful thing I have EVER seen. and if I can make mine look HALF as nice as it is I know that I will consider myself lucky! So here goes my first foray into beaded lace!
I also splurged and bought this book at the store! I've been eying it up since it came out and I think ALL of the Christmas Presents that I knit this year our going to come from it! (So if I knit for you you better get your fingers on this book and pick or I will be picking for you!)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I can't wait to see how that beautiful shawl - in my beloved alpaca no less - turns out. Love the color, too. And I love that book! I bought it a couple of months ago. It's terrific. I love the cable mittens, among other things. And I'm impressed by your fortitude in using stash yarn. That's sadly a practice I know little about. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it is coming along VERY slowly. I can only work on it when I am ALONE in my room! If there are people around things get a little hinky. I also haven't had a lot of knitting time lately. I guess what people say about not having as much time in the summer is true! And I don't usually use stash yarn either, it is a TERRIBLE habit that I'm trying to break. Since I'm running out of room for my yarn! :)

    ReplyDelete